Thursday, September 1, 2011

Play Time

Just about the launch into the last class samples for the year, a new bag and a little cot quilt using the super fast quilt as you go technique and then it will be time to play with all the things I have been wanting to experiment with for ages.
Have a lovely, inspirational, collection of silk shibori thanks to my mentor Ken Smith, ready to make up into all sorts of gorgeous things and want to try some dying on my own, and some painting and some stencilling and some shading and a million other bits and pieces. Still have several machine embroidery projects to finish and Christmas presents to make.
Will make a box of some description with group challenge fabrics; the fabric was distributed to the group last December with the challenge to make a three dimensional object - box, bag, vessel or whatever, so I had better get a move on, can't expect the others to do what I haven't. Better get started, more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment