Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tommorow Never Comes

How true is that saying seeing as I was going to add to this blog "tomorrow" in mid September!!
It has been a very busy time at The PatchWorks. Classes have been very popular, so have met many new students, keen to learn as much as possible about patchwork and quilting. Also necessary to make new class samples for the current term. We have found too, that many younger women are wanting to learn to sew and create clothing for their children and themselves, which is a wonderful sign for those of us who have been making clothing and accessories for many, many years. I remember as a girl I was always interested in couture fashion, but could never afford the originals, but with the aid of Vogue designer patterns, could make wonderful copies. I still have many of those patterns and cannot part with them or my huge collection of Vogue pattern books dating back to 1968 I think!! Interesting to see how fashions and fabrics come and go and come again, just slightly different each time.

My beautiful Bernina 820 has been away to Sydney for some warranty repairs, it was found that there was a slight fault in the tension system and this has been rectified with replacement parts and a computer update. Thank heaven it was not gone for long, although I had my wonderful Pfaff 2140 to fall back on. The Pfaff seems tiny now in comparison to the 820, but still performs beautifully. I am very lucky to have both.

As far as I can tell I have been teaching at the PatchWorks for 20 years now, as well serving as sales clerk in the shop. What a life, surrounded by fabric, new bolts arriving all the time, new thread, new gadgets, and lots of great work colleagues and quilting buddies. Can't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment